Saturday, November 14, 2009

A kiwi on clogs



A kiwi on clogs
by marja blom

A kiwi went to a psychologist one day
Kia Ora, the man said can I help you in any way
The kiwi dropped a tear and looked very sad
I hope so, he sighted because I feel very bad

I come only out at night because I am very shy
I'm supposed to be a bird but I cannot fly
But look at the bright side the man said, you see
If you could fly you could crash into a tree

I guess so but there is more to tell you the truth
When they talk about a kiwi they mean a human or a fruit
When I would stand out, I wouldn’t be shy, I wouldn’t weep
The psychologist went quiet and thought long and deep

Eureka, he said I can make you special as such
Because that’s what I am I am not a kiwi I am Dutch
Now put on these warm woollen kiwi socks
Then step into my shoes. Now you’re a kiwi on clogs

The kiwi went clickety clock with a smile on his beak
He got lots of attention the following week
Even better he is on the front page of the Press
A kiwi on clogs has been seen, it says

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful.
    Love this poem!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very clever, funny poem Marja.
    Love these lines:

    "Eureka, he said I can make you special as such
    Because that’s what I am I am not a kiwi I am Dutch".

    Really looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

    Hugs
    Peggy xxxx

    ReplyDelete